Quick and Easy Overnight Oats
I pack the lunchboxes for AJ and me during the week which always includes our breakfast and lunch. I would pack things like cereal or a granola bar, but it just wasn’t filling enough to get us through to lunch. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I tried keeping a box of cream of wheat in my desk for a while that I attempted to cook in the kitchen at work in the morning, which by the way, is messy and annoying and I do not recommend it. Then I had a brilliant idea to cook my oatmeal at home the night before and attempt to reheat it the next morning at work – nope. This leads me to today’s blog recipe – overnight oats!
|The finished oatmeal the next morning!|
These overnight oats could not be easier to prepare, are meant to be eaten cold, and can be made with any toppings/combos. Excited yet? You should be! The idea is to add equal parts raw oats and liquid – this is your oatmeal base. I use old fashioned oats (not instant oats) and Fairlife brand milk (since it is high in protein & delish) or Vanilla Califia Farms almond milk. Then you can add whatever you want in there, stick it in the fridge overnight and in the morning you have one awesome breakfast! I love having this cold bowl of creamy oatmeal on hot mornings in the summer.
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (dry/raw)
- ½ cup liquid – can use milk, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk etc.
- Toppings/mix-ins (if adding fresh fruit, do this in the morning so the fruit doesn’t brown/get mushy)
Put oats into a container with a lid. Pour liquid over oats.
Put in fridge overnight
Enjoy next morning – these still taste good to me on the 2nd and 3rd day.
|How your oats will look before you pop them into the fridge|
To help you get started here are some ideas of ways I’ve tried making this:
- Oats, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, raisins and a sprinkle of turbinated sugar – this tastes a lot like an oatmeal cookie!
- Oats, milk, cinnamon, vanilla. I add cut up apple or peaches and a sprinkle of turbinated sugar in the morning (so the fruit doesn’t brown and the sugar keeps its crunch). This is a lot like a peach or apple crumble
- Oats, milk, sprinkle of cocoa powder, sprinkle of dark chocolate chips
- Oats, milk, spoonful of peanut butter, and a pinch of raisins
- Oats, milk, sprinkle of brown sugar and pinch of craisins (shown in the pictures!)
Looking forward to seeing what kind of combinations are your favorite – leave a comment letting me know!
Best Post !! Milk suppliers in ChennaiThis milk comes from hygienic, healthy farm cows that graze on natural feed only.They deliver the organic farm milk all over Chennai.